Thursday, December 4, 2014

Math

We are very busy during math these days!

We are working on our teen numbers. We loves this song... Numbers in the teens start with a 1!

We have been starting math time with a game called "snap it." I show a stack of 3 cubes, then put them behind my back and the kids say "snap it!" I snap the stack into two hands and show one hand to the class, then they have to figure out how many they see and how many must be behind my back. This is a great game that can be played at home (and with bigger numbers!).

Here are some pictures of us at work in our centers!

I Have Who Has #1-30

Show me Fast. Ask how we play this buddy game!

We are practicing counting with one to one correspondence and recording our numbers!

Matching dice numerals to ten frames!

Farmyard. Ask how we play this ipad game (and what does the buddy checker do?)

No comments:

Post a Comment